One of the best thing that little Diane has taught me so far is … becoming creative in the kitchen!
She is eating exactly the same food we eat, and that is already amazing: Sauerkraut, kimchi, chlorella and spirulina tabs, celery juice, broccoli or cauliflower, sardines, chicken thighs and chicken liver are about her favorite foods… But sometimes she gets picky and in overall, she is not a big eater.
Because I wanted her to eat more egg yolks and sweet potatoes, I tried this recipe, inspired by a zucchini bread that I had already done a couple of times and that tasted really good.
So now you know the story, let’s get to what is really interesting here: the recipe :-)
I prefer to give a range rather than a specific quantity for some ingredients. Every taste in different so whether you like the taste of the ingredient or not… choose which range limit suits you best!
Ingredients: ALL ORGANIC PLEASE!
- 2-3 cups Almond Flour
- 1.5-2 tsp Ceylan Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp Aluminium-free Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
2. Whisk to combine all ingredients (I like it easy… so I always just throw everything together in a bowl, with no specific order).
3. There may be some lumps due to the sweet potato, and that is ok.
4. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Smooth out the top with a spoon of knife.
5. Bake for 30-35min.
6. Allow the bread to cool down for at least 20min before removing it from the loaf pan.
Let me know how this goes for you! For sure the recipe can still be improved. I like to change it a little bit just following my guts and my…creativity ;-)
In Health and Happiness,